pacemaker insertion (and driving)
Last edited 06/2019
Pacemaker implant - including box change
Group 1 entitlement:
- Must not drive for at least 1 week and must notify the DVLA.
- Driving may resume after 1 week provided there is no other disqualifying condition
Group 2 entitlement:
- Must not drive for at least 6 weeks and must notify the DVLA.
- Driving may resume after 6 weeks provided there is no other disqualifying condition
Up-to-date details guidance may be obtained from the publication "At a Glance Guide to the Current Medical Standards of Fitness to Drive" and the website www.dvla.gov.uk.
- (1) British Heart Foundation, Factfile 12/2005
- (2) DVLA (March 2019). At a glance guide to the current medical standards of fitness to drive