Last reviewed 01/2018
- based on data in the Netherlands, with a study population of 332300
- the infection appeared to be common in childhood (cumulative incidence 17% in those aged under 15 years); the adult, sexually transmitted, form was rare
- incidence was higher between January and June than between July and December
- cases were unequally divided between recording practices, which is though to have been caused by the occurrence of small epidemics.
- the incidence of molluscum contagiosum in Dutch general practice was found to be 2.4 per 1000 person years