FREE subscriptions for doctors and students... click here
You have 3 more open access pages.
- acute intermittent porphyria (AIP)
- variegate porphyria (VP)
- hereditary coproporphyria (HCP)
- porphyria cutanea tarda (PCT)
- erythropoietic porphyria (EP)
- erythropoietic protoporphyria (EPP)
- erythropoietic coproporphyria (ECP)
Hepatic / erythropoietic:
- hepatoerythropoietic porphyria (HEP)
In hepatic porphyrias there is excess hepatic production of porphobilinogen. In erythropoietic porphyrias there is increased production of porphyrins in red blood cells due to enzyme deficiency.
Last reviewed 01/2018