FREE subscriptions for doctors and students... click here
You have 3 more open access pages.
- there is a strong association between HLA-B27 and ankylosing spondylitis,
- become evident that HLA-B27 is common to the entire group of seronegative
- which include Reiter's disease, subgroups of intestinal and psoriatic
arthropathies, subgroups of juvenile rheumatoid arthritis
- other associations include:
- anterior uveitis
- amyloidosis in rheumatoid arthritis
- there is also an association which aortic valve ring calcification
- (1) Moll JM, Harlock I, MacRae IF, Wright V. Associations between ankylosing
spondylitis, psoriatic arthritis, Reiter's disease, the intestinal arthropathies,
and Behçet's syndrome. Medicine (Baltimore) 1974; 53: 343-364.
Last reviewed 01/2018