FREE subscriptions for doctors and students... click here
You have 3 more open access pages.
It is important to note that any physical symptom may be a result of a psychiatric disorder. This said, important and commonly seen symptoms include:
- somatic features of anxiety - raised sympathetic tone resulting in palpitations, tremor etc.
- pain - occurring in masked depression
- disorders of primary sense and voluntary motor systems, as in hysteria
- disturbance of the so-called vegetative functions, e.g.:
- appetite - loss, anorexia, bulimia
- sexual - drive, orgasmic
- sleep - increased, decreased, anomalous
Last reviewed 01/2018