FREE subscriptions for doctors and students... click here
You have 3 more open access pages.
A thorough clinical examination of the breasts entails:
- inspection of the breast and nipples
- examination of the breast, nipple and local lymph nodes
- general examination for disseminated disease:
- abdomen - hepatomegaly, ascites
- spine - pain, fracture, restriction of movement
- lung - breathlessness, effusion
- CNS - headache, ataxia, paresis, paraesthesia
Approximately 85% of malignant breast lumps will be detected by an experienced clinician.
Last reviewed 01/2018