FREE subscriptions for doctors and students... click here
You have 3 more open access pages.
The CSM and MCA have made the following recommendations:
- patients taking antithyroid drugs should be asked to report symptoms suggestive
of infection particularly sore throat
- if there is clinical evidence of infection then a FBC should be performed
- if there is clinical or laboratory evidence of neutropenia then the antithyroid
drug should be stopped
- routine FBC monitoring is not indicated (1)
- Current Problems in Pharmacovigilance (February 1999), 25, 1-4.
Last reviewed 01/2018