FREE subscriptions for doctors and students... click here
You have 3 more open access pages.
Pyoderma gangrenosum is an uncommon, ulcerative skin condition which is accompanied by systemic disease in half of cases.
- lesions begin in the dermis with secondary necrosis of the epidermis
- the first sign is a pustule with surrounding erythema
- with time an ulcer develops
- the walls of the ulcer are blue and well defined
- there may be systemic symptoms and signs such as:
here for example images of this condition
Last reviewed 01/2018