FREE subscriptions for doctors and students... click here
You have 3 more open access pages.
- infections due to Pseudomonas and Proteus species
- history of allergy & renal impairment
- penicillin hypersensitivity
- alteration in platelet function
- see 'penicillins (general side-effects)'
Routes of administration:
- i.m. injection
- slow i.v. injection
- i.v. infusion
NB. Ticacillin is more active than carbenicillin and has replaced it.
A preparation of ticarcillin with clavulanic acid is produced with the brand name 'Timentin'.
Last reviewed 01/2018