FREE subscriptions for doctors and students... click here
You have 3 more open access pages.
The midpalmar space is one of the three deep palmar spaces of the hand. It is clinically-relevant as a potential compartment for infection.
- dorsally: third, fourth and fifth metacarpals which are dorsal to the volar interossei
- palmarly: flexor tendons within the common flexor sheath
- ulnarly: medial fibrous septum between palmar aponeurosis and fifth metacarpal
- radially: fibrous lateral septum between lateral border of palmar aponeurosis and third metacarpal bone
- proximally: originates distal to the junction of common flexor tendon sheath and carpal tunnel
- distally: vertical septa of palmar fascia
Last reviewed 01/2018