FREE subscriptions for doctors and students... click here
You have 3 more open access pages.
The golden rules are as follows:
- early detection of hearing loss is vital
- if parents think that a child is deaf then assume that the child is deaf until proved otherwise
- if a child fails to speak by 16 months then assume that the child is deaf until proved otherwise
- a discharging ear for more than a month is cholesteatoma or foreign body until proved otherwise.
- foreign body in the ear - refer to ENT for removal; the child will only trust one person on one occasion
Last reviewed 01/2018