FREE subscriptions for doctors and students... click here
You have 3 more open access pages.
Magnetic resonance imaging is a non-invasive method of obtaining images of
different parts of the body. It is a safe technique and, except in a few circumstances,
contrast agents are not required.
Absolute contraindications to MRI
- Pacemaker or cardiac defibrillator
- Cochlear implant
- Orbital or spinal metallic foreign body
- Untested intracranial aneurysm clips
- Infusion pumps
- Implanted drug infusion ports
- 1) Arthritis Research UK (Summer 2013). Hands on - Musculoskeletal imaging
Last reviewed 01/2018