FREE subscriptions for doctors and students... click here
You have 3 more open access pages.
- hypertrichosis is the growth of hair on any part of the body, in excess
of the amount usually present in persons of the same age, sex and race
- hypertrichosis lanuginosa may be applied to excessive growth of fetal
- lanugo type hair is fine, thin, nonpigmented and can reach unusual
- the condition may be either congenital or acquired
- it should not be confused with hirsutism - androgen pattern of hair growth.
- depending on the extent of distribution, hypertrichosis may be classified
into localized and generalized forms (2)
here for example images of this condition
Last reviewed 01/2018