Last reviewed 01/2018
The hypothenar space is one of the three deep palmar spaces of the hand. Unlike the thenar and midpalmar space, no long flexor tendons of the digits traverse the area. It contains hypothenar muscles. It is rarely a site of infection.
- ulnarly: fibrous septum between ulnar surface of flexor retinaculum to palmar border of fifth metacarpals
- radially: ulnar border of hypothenar muscles
- distally: distal margin of hypothenar muscles
- proximally: flexor retinaculum
- volarly: hypothenar fascia
- dorsally: fifth metacarpal