driving (and CABG)
Last edited 06/2019
Group 1 entitlement:
- Must not drive for at leat 4 weeks but need not notify the DVLA.
- Driving may resume after 4 weeks provided there is no other disqualifying condition
Group 2 entitlement:
- Must not drive and must notify the DVLA.
- Licence will be refused or revoked. May be relicensed/licensed after 3
- LV ejection fraction is at least 40%
- the requirements for exercise or other functional tests can be met, at least 3 months postoperatively
- there is no other disqualifying condition
Check DVLA website for up to date guidance.
cardiovascular disease (CVD) and vocational driving
coronary artery bypass grafting (off pump and via cardiopulmonary bypass)