administration(road traffic accidents)

FREE subscriptions for doctors and students... click here
You have 3 more open access pages.

Complete & accurate records will be needed following road traffic accidents and so document injuries fully. Medico-legal insurance must be up-to-date.

Treatment of RTA injuries is not covered free by the NHS. Hospitals, the ambulance service and GP's are all entitled to present invoices for payment by the relevant motor insurers.

Although entitled to do so, most GP's do not charge their own patients for accident services. They may however claim an emergency treatment fee for a patient registered elsewhere if unable to recover it directly from the patient.

Last reviewed 01/2018