dose of aspirin post myocardial infarction
Last reviewed 01/2018
Aspirin reduces the mortality from myocardial infarction.
- patients with suspected acute myocardial infarctin should be treated with aspirin 150 mg daily.
- patients with a proven acute myocardial infarction should be continued on aspirin 150mg daily for one month.
- after one month patients should be treated with 75mg aspirin daily. This dose should be continued long-term (1,2)
- MeReC Bulletin 2005; 15(6): 21-24.
- BMJ 1998; 316: 1303-9.
- ISIS-2 Randomised trial of intravenous streptokinase, oral aspirin, both, or neither among 17187 cases of suspected myocardial infarction:ISIS-2. Lancet 1990; 336: 71-5.