Last reviewed 01/2018
- occur in 20-30% of black population
- affect both sexes equally; occur in all ages
- delineate areas of darker pigmentation anterolaterally and areas of lighter pigmentation anteromedially on the upper arms in black patients
- in general these lines are bilateral and symmetrical
- it is rare for the chest or legs to be involved
- this condition is believed to be related to altered melanin production in the hyperpigmented area
- (1) Dermatology in Practice (2001), 9 (4), 12.