C-ANCA positive conditions
These include: Presence of C-ANCA (1)
- Wegener's granulomatosis usually
- microscopic polyangiitis sometimes
- idiopathic glomerulonephritis sometimes
- Churg-Strauss syndrome sometimes
- ulcerative colitis sometimes
Other positive c-ANCA test results have been reported in patients with tuberculosis, Hodgkin's lymphoma, human immunodeficiency virus infection, nasal septal perforation, monoclonal gammopathies, and drug-induced Wegener-like disease (2).
- Walport MJ et al .Connective tissue diseases: advances in diagnosis and management.BJHM 1993: 50: 121-31.
- Rao JK et al. The role of antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody (c-ANCA) testing in the diagnosis of Wegener's granulomatosis. Ann Intern Med 1995;123:9 25–932
Last reviewed 01/2018