- this is dependent on cause. A referral should be made to a speech therapist.
- the management should be individualized (1)
- the health care team may include
- the physician
- a speech-language pathologist
- an audiologist
- a psychologist
- an occupational therapist
- a social worker.
- treatment often includes a programme of speech training carried out through play and social interaction.
- (1) Speech and language delays and disorders. University of Michigan Health System 2007.
- (2) Leung AKC et al. Evaluation and Management of the Child with Speech Delay. American Family Physician 1999; 59 (11)
Last reviewed 01/2018