1. HYOSCINE BUTYLBROMIDE (BUSCOPAN)
Uses include: gastro-intestinal spasm and dysmenorrhoea
- dose by mouth - Adult: 20mg four times daily
- child: 6-12 years, 10mg three times daily
- injections: 20mg i.m. or i.v. repeated after 30 minutes if necessary
2. HYOSCINE HYDROBROMIDE
Uses include: motion sickness
- dose by mouth - Adult: 300 mcg 30 minutes before start of journey followed by 300 mcg 6-hourly if required.
- max dose three doses in 24 hours.
- child 4-10 years: 75-150 micrograms
- child over 10 years: 150-300 micrograms
OTC: Hyoscine is on sale as Joy-rides and Kwells.
The summary of product characteristics should be consulted before prescribing this drug.
Last reviewed 01/2018